Sunday, October 10, 2010

Week 4


Week 4 and I still think that this website was built by a moron.  Anyway, here is Alastor again, rebuilt and with abbs.  This time around went much better than the first time, especially with the aid of the visible body website (though it and the book don't label things the same).

This week didn't go all that well for me, for some reason I just couldn't get into the right mindset or something, or as if I totally lost any previous understanding of drawing the human form. Well, I survived. On to next week.

Ah, the first shell drawing. Not quite done. I don't feel that it is going all that well either. This would be my second or third attempt at it. The first attempt, on the back of this one, was atrocious. I'm not sure what I find the hardest about this assignment but three things that I am really struggling with are slowing down, drawing lightly and just understanding the contour of my shell. Oh, I should include not getting frustrated in that list. I struggle with that too. At least I haven't broken anything. Yet.

1 comment:

  1. Yea, although it's very intricate and appealing, you picked one hell of a shell to work with there. Most of the other shells, if not all of them, don't have that extra lip near the point. I commend yo for being brave and bold, but careful not to bite off more than you can chew. Take it from a guy who always bites off more than he can chew...

    ReplyDelete