Saturday, October 2, 2010

Week 3

This week in life drawing we started experimenting with cross contour lines in our drawings.  My first attempt <-- isn't anything special but I thought it turned out alright.  I didn't really understand how to do it right away but after a doing it for a little while I slowed down and I felt like something clicked in my brain and I could do it a lot better than I had been.  Unfortunately, this feeling didn't carry over from Tuesday to Thursday.  All class period I just felt like my synapses weren't firing properly because none of my sketches seemed right to me and it just got worse as class progressed.  At the end all of period the majority of my attempted cross contour drawings turned out as a jumble of frustrated black marks all over my page.



After taking my manikin to class on Tuesday I decided that I just had to reconstruct his spinal erectors.  I just tore the muscles off before I started this blog, so here he is, back to being a naked manikin.  This time I am going to pay more attention to detail and craft and try to get it right on this time.  On a side note, I feel like I should give the manikin a name, it would be easier than referring to him as "the manikin" and the like.  I think I'll call him... Alastor.

2 comments:

  1. I came across the picture of your cross contour drawing and wanted to say that it looks really good! Great job getting the form down :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the abdomen on your contour drawing! I have been having trouble with those too, but yours looks much more dynamic than mine! It is so hard not to get frustrated while doing them!

    I should probably name my manikin too, but right now we are not getting along. Is 'butt-face' too petty? hehe

    ReplyDelete