Sunday, September 19, 2010

Week 1

So the first week of Life Drawing seemed to have gone OK. I would have to say that if feels kinda good to be drawing again.  I don't think I've ever drawn standing up before, so that is something new and exciting. From the in-class exercises I noticed that I tend to push myself a little too fast and I have trouble slowing down.  I would have to say that I preferred the drawings when we observed the skeleton over the shell drawings, not that didn't like those too, I was, and am, more happy with the outcome of the skeletal observations. I do feel like this first week could have gone better, better drawings I mean, then it did, but then again I do have really high standards and get upset at my work quite easily.  O'well, I'll get there. I really can wait to start improving my skills at observing and transcribing what I see.

1 comment:

  1. this is really lovely! i think i was gone the day that she lectured on the shoulder blades. the view of this is impressive and fun to look at. it really keeps my attention. Also the curved that show the indent in the back of the spine is really successful.

    ReplyDelete